Top 'o the morning to ya! Today is "Meghan and Stacey go to Ireland and Scotland" day! I am working a half day, catching a quick flight to Chicago and meeting Stacey at O'Hare! From there, we will be off to Dublin!
Quick summary of our plans:
- Land in Dublin, push through the jet lag and do some sightseeing!
- The next day we embark on a two day tour visiting the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula. We will stay in Killarney at a bed and breakfast. We will be traveling two of the most scenic drives in Ireland.
- Back in Dublin! Ready for an eventful St. Patrick's Day - church at St. Patrick's Cathedral and then parades, concerts and other fun events throughout the city!
- After St. Pat's, we head to Edinburgh, Scotland, which will be our home base while in Scotland. We will tour Edinburgh, but also plan to take the train to some surrounding areas - you know, to see more castles that Stacey's family has lived in ;) In case you missed it, her 12th great grandfather was a King of Scotland. She's related to Henry the 8th and Mary Queen of Scots. Basically everything we see and do in Scotland will be about her family - how cool!
- After Scotland, we head back to Dublin and then catch our flight back home, but we opted for a 24 hour layover in Zurich, Switzerland, so the fun is not over yet! I used Marriott points to score us an awesome hotel room for free in Zurich. Thank goodness, because Zurich is an expensive city, and I am sure we'll be broke by then!
- Once we make it back to Chicago, we have to rest up because we have Stacey's 30th birthday party at RPM Italian (hoping to see my girl Guiliana Rancic - hasn't happened yet, but she will for sure make an appearance for Stacey's big birthday, right?!)
- Justin is meeting me back in Chicago for the birthday weekend, and then we're driving back to Michigan. Sorry, Justin, but I think I will sleep the entire way home!
Obviously I will be pretty MIA from the blog and Instagram for the next week and a half, but I do have a couple things planned for while I am gone, including a special guest blogger on Monday! So, stay tuned to see who! Of course while I am gone, I will make sure to take tons of photos to share as well as make note of any fun fashion finds or trends!
I will leave you with an Irish toast:
"May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night."